Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29th June 2008, 07:16 PM
Administrator

Default jonathan: N. sp. viking

jonathan

N. Globosa ( AKA Viking )
« Thread Started on Sept 8, 2007, 9:14pm »

Dear All...

Just here to share one of my viking picture... hope you guys like it...

Regards Jonathan

Link to Post - Back to Top 219.95.149.223 A dangerous plant and yet so unique and extraordinary... carnivorous plants.....

isaacgoh

Re: N. Globosa ( AKA Viking )
« Reply #1 on Sept 8, 2007, 10:36pm » Dear Jonathan,

They are worth every penny you spent on them just by looking at the pictures!

What's the greenish looking pitchers in the background? Is it true that all the globosa are different?

Rgds,
Isaac

Link to Post - Back to Top 219.93.152.3 nep369

N. sibuyanensis x x trusmadiensis

« Reply #2 on Sept 11, 2007, 5:27pm » Are they all clones? i thought a large majority were from seed.?
Link to Post - Back to Top 67.49.170.46got nepenthes? David
Administrator

member is online

« Reply #3 on Sept 11, 2007, 11:04pm » Hi Jonathan,

Nice and red pitcher of globosa you have there. not easy to get it this way. Was this pitcher hidden from the sun? Isaac, the green ones at the background looks like globosa to me.

I agree with Isaac that it is worth every penny. Not only that you've got some rare forms in the whole bunch you bought. worth it, worth it.

Eh Jon, show more pictures laa. Can't get enough of them. Just did cuttings on mine. So no viking pitchers to see. Getting nervous breakdown. Need to get my dose of viking beauty laa.

Link to Post - Back to Top LoggedMy Wantlist hongrui
Advisor - CP

CP addict

« Reply #4 on Sept 11, 2007, 11:58pm » i remember reading somewhere on pitcherplant forum recently that N. 'viking' might not be recognized a species and might just be a ssp. of N. mirabilis. if that is so, i'm gonna have a number of tags to rewrite.
Link to Post - Back to Top 203.124.2.41looking for different forms of N. ampullaria, N. rafflesiana and N. xhookeriana.

My CP Growlist - updated 27 May '08
jonathan

« Reply #5 on Sept 13, 2007, 12:59am » Hi all... sorry for the late reply...

Issac... yeah i feels the same... just love those viking so much... hehe... those pitcher on the back ground are viking pitcher... viking pitcher change their pitcher color and shape in different growing condition...

Nep369...some of my N. globosa are from seeds that is what i have been told by the supplier but the other batch i'm not sure...

David... no worries soon you will have more then one globosa to pitcher for you... hehe... yeah i tried to hide the pitcher but only one turn out this red... was so happy when i first saw it... hehe... i'll try to post more picture soon

Homgrui...

Wow.. then i will have lots of tags to rename too.... haiz i think i'll just prefer the name N.Globosa... hehe...

Take good care you all...

Regards Jonathan

« Last Edit: Sept 13, 2007, 1:00am by jonathan »Link to Post - Back to Top 218.111.22.191 A dangerous plant and yet so unique and extraordinary... carnivorous plants.....

rainforestguy

« Reply #6 on Sept 13, 2007, 7:21am » i am of the belief that these are truly a different species, but like so many others that have upgraded to a species from sub, time and taxonomists will tell. At one time N. rowanae was N. mirabilis v. rowanae. It is now recognized as a true species. I bet (depending on the taxonomists at the time) these will be recognized as true species too.
One of my characteristics of a species is also to have developed isolated from others of its species (eg N. mirabilis) to create a form that breeds true onto itself.

M

Link to Post - Back to Top 72.235.135.58http://www.lhnn.proboards107.com/index.cgi jonathan

« Reply #7 on Nov 5, 2007, 12:26pm »
Dear All...

Just an update on my N.Globosa....

Best Regards Jonathan

Link to Post - Back to Top 218.208.239.43 A dangerous plant and yet so unique and extraordinary... carnivorous plants.....

ameliepoulain
Global Moderator

« Reply #8 on Nov 5, 2007, 12:39pm » when are going to start selling them n. globosa?

I think you might have the biggest stock of globosa in Malaysia now!

Link to Post - Back to Top 218.208.215.18Athene's CP Growlist
Athene's Wishlist
tarence
Global Moderator

« Reply #9 on Nov 5, 2007, 12:46pm » Very nice, Jonathan.....my single plant is only about 1/3 the size of yours, heheh.....but it`s growing at a decent speed, i just got it very small.
Link to Post - Back to Top 211.25.130.42 hongrui
Advisor - CP

CP addict

« Reply #10 on Nov 5, 2007, 1:03pm » way to go jonathan!
Link to Post - Back to Top 203.124.2.44looking for different forms of N. ampullaria, N. rafflesiana and N. xhookeriana.

My CP Growlist - updated 27 May '08
lisham

« Reply #11 on Nov 5, 2007, 1:07pm » yerkhs... they're ugly! hehehe... where can I get one? hehehe...
Link to Post - Back to Top 60.51.162.113 jonathan

« Reply #12 on Nov 5, 2007, 1:08pm » Erm... I dun think i have the biggest collection of globosa in malaysia because there are always people that we have not know maybe someone here in malaysia have a much bigger collection then mine.... but i'm very happy to see all those beautiful pitcher every morning...

Tarence dun worried soon your globosa will grow to be a great teenager.. they grow very fast with the right condition...

Regards Jonathan
« Last Edit: Nov 5, 2007, 1:09pm by jonathan »Link to Post - Back to Top 218.208.239.43 A dangerous plant and yet so unique and extraordinary... carnivorous plants.....

David
Administrator

member is online

« Reply #13 on Nov 5, 2007, 1:12pm » Wow Jon! Your globosas have grown huge. So many pitchers. You must be a very proud Daddy.
Link to Post - Back to Top LoggedMy Wantlist ameliepoulain
Global Moderator

« Reply #14 on Nov 5, 2007, 1:15pm » you still don't want to sell any of them?
Link to Post - Back to Top 218.208.215.18Athene's CP Growlist
Athene's Wishlist
tarence
Global Moderator

« Reply #15 on Nov 5, 2007, 1:15pm » thx Jonathan....

errr...i know of someone who has more pots of globosa but his are smaller plants & not doing as well as Jonathan`s the last time i checked. Jonathan`s plants are all very uniform in growth & size. Your brother assisting to take care ah ? heheh.

Link to Post - Back to Top 211.25.130.42 jonathan

« Reply #16 on Nov 5, 2007, 1:17pm » Haha... yeah... being proud.... but hopefully thay will grow bi and strong... i have over 40 pots of viking surrounding my house.... i have a large size viking is actually flowering dunno is't a male or female viking.... by the way those that you see are the medium size plant that i get from neofarm.. the smaller one that i get from the nursery are still the same... i'm trying to take good care of those baby... haiz when will they grow to turn teenage......

Cheerio
Jonathan
« Last Edit: Nov 5, 2007, 1:18pm by jonathan »Link to Post - Back to Top 218.208.239.43 A dangerous plant and yet so unique and extraordinary... carnivorous plants.....

jonathan

« Reply #17 on Nov 5, 2007, 1:22pm »
Tarence i think i know who you are mentioning here.. hehe... anyway for now i don't think i'll be wanting to sell them... but if you want you can look for tarence friend... because for the money i pay fro them are too expensive... i think most of you here know the price i bough it.... the one tarence is mentioning will give you a batter price i'm sure......

Regards Jonathan

Link to Post - Back to Top 218.208.239.43 A dangerous plant and yet so unique and extraordinary... carnivorous plants.....

isaacgoh

« Reply #18 on Nov 5, 2007, 2:11pm » Wow, you actually imported from neofarm? I think if people see your neps, they will actually think you are selling them.

Nice collection of a single species. I have to applaud you for the dedication to make them so wonderful.

Link to Post - Back to Top 218.111.224.161 jonathan

« Reply #19 on Nov 5, 2007, 11:57pm »
Hehe... Thanks Isaac... yeah just love them so much....