Go Back   PetPitcher Forum > GENERAL CARNIVOROUS PLANTS DISCUSSION > Projects

Projects Tips, suggestions and discussion on member's gardening projects

Old 2nd July 2008, 06:13 PM
Administrator

Default mukaketupat: Guerilla Gardening

mukaketupat

Guerilla Gardening
« Thread Started on 14 May, 2008, 17:56 »Hi guys

Some of us are planning to do this (http://www.guerrillagardening.org/) sometime next month. We've been wanting to do this for a long time now, but budget has always been a problem.

So we are trying to get our act together and start next month. We are going to chip in however much we have and see what we can get for the amount.

The idea is to beautify our landscape (of course) and also with the global warming, climate change...etc, we feel that its quite crucial to create an awareness around this issue.

So if anyone is interested, please do contact me or reply to this thread. I will keep everyone posted on where what time or how we are going to do this.

Oh, and if you have cheap extra hardy plants to donate, feel free. Even better, if you know any nursery thats willing to sponsor, feel free. We will fully credit the owner.

Thanks.
Link to Post - Back to Top Loggedtarence
Global Moderator

Re: Guerilla Gardening
« Reply #1 on 14 May, 2008, 18:21 »Any places in particular ? Would there be issues with MPPJ or DBKL you think ? Link to Post - Back to Top Loggededmund83

« Reply #2 on 14 May, 2008, 18:29 »Is it in KL area? i also doubt on our government policy...

Link to Post - Back to Top LoggedEdmund ^^v
http://www.flickr.com/photos/edmund830808/
~~DrosEra F@n == CepH F@n~~
alienfx

« Reply #3 on 15 May, 2008, 12:37 »The problem here is not the planting...The problem is who is going to mantain the plant after it being planted. Link to Post - Back to Top Loggedtarence
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on 15 May, 2008, 15:33 »Guerilla planting i think usually involves plants which would survive on their own ie wild flowers or very hardy plants. they would rely on rain and also seed on their own to future propagate. practically maintenance free. Link to Post - Back to Top Loggedmukaketupat

« Reply #5 on 16 May, 2008, 11:04 »well i would think that we're doing mppj / dbkl a favour. haha. but i really dont know....i see it more as a 'community project'. and i don't think theres anything wrong with it. people plant trees / plants around my neighbourhood all the time. in the padang / next to the padang. away from their own houses.

as for area, havent decided yet. any ideas?

Link to Post - Back to Top Loggedalienfx

« Reply #6 on 16 May, 2008, 11:14 »The only plant i know maintenance free is lalang la... Link to Post - Back to Top Loggeddom

« Reply #7 on 16 May, 2008, 15:55 »Mukaketupat,
You need to get the approval from MPPJ/DBKL. If you are doing that in town area or road side...But if you are doing that inside the taman area or any housing area. They won't care much.
Link to Post - Back to Top LoggedMy very first blog. Feel free to comments. www.dominicanrepublica.blogspot.com