Administrator

Default nepaholic: Pictures of my plants

nepaholic

Pictures of my plants
« Thread Started on Dec 6, 2007, 7:55pm » Hi

Time to Show new Pictures from me.
Have fun

Some seed grown Material

« Last Edit: Dec 6, 2007, 8:03pm by nepaholic »Link to Post - Back to Top 213.64.69.232My Growlist
http://www.nepenthes.se/downloads/Pflanzenbestand.pdf
My Homepage(swedish)
www.nepenthes.se
Ludwig

Re: Pictures of my plants
« Reply #1 on Dec 6, 2007, 11:34pm » Jens, all are looking great. I see a vast improvement from when you first outfitted the trailer. The plants are showing that conditions are perfect and putting on nice size and color. « Last Edit: Dec 6, 2007, 11:35pm by Ludwig »Link to Post - Back to Top 68.8.214.212 nepaholic

« Reply #2 on Dec 7, 2007, 7:34am »
Quote:Jens, all are looking great. I see a vast improvement from when you first outfitted the trailer. The plants are showing that conditions are perfect and putting on nice size and color.

Thank you Ludwig for the nice comment.
I give all my love to my wife, my daughter and my plants , this helps
I can say that the great fertilizer i have imported from the US works very well and the plants like it.

Jens

Link to Post - Back to Top 213.64.69.232My Growlist
My Homepage(swedish)
www.nepenthes.se
rainforestguy

« Reply #3 on Dec 7, 2007, 12:02pm » Jens,
I don't believe your plants have done so well so quickly! I am curious, describe your external ambient temperatures and inside. The trailer looks like its the best place to be. Everything looks so lush and TROPICAL!

M

Link to Post - Back to Top 74.61.72.115http://www.lhnn.proboards107.com/index.cgi nepaholic

« Reply #4 on Dec 7, 2007, 7:12pm » Michael. The plants love it here.
Our outside Temperatures in the winter are 14F to -13F. In the inside i have at Daytime allways 72F and at night 50F .

In the summer are my nighttemps higher maybe 60F

My Homepage(swedish)
www.nepenthes.se
David
Administrator

member is online

« Reply #5 on Dec 8, 2007, 8:29am » Jens,

Wow! (I think I've been saying this a lot lately on the forum, ie. "wow") Very interesting set up. The live sphagnum moss in the nep pots are doing very well too. I am so impressed. What kind of artificial lights do you use? Do you install them at the ceiling of your trailer? I guess you would not need a heating device since it is an enclosed area and if you have articficial lightings on.

What is the humidity like? I noticed there are some pebble-like stones / peat pellets under your seedlings tray. What is it for?

Also, what fertiliser is it that you are using on your neps? Appreciate if you could explain how you use it.

Sorry, so many questions. Just want to learn.

Link to Post - Back to Top LoggedMy Wantlist nepaholic

« Reply #6 on Dec 8, 2007, 6:36pm »
Quote:
Wow! (I think I've been saying this a lot lately on the forum, ie. "wow") Very interesting set up.

Thank you David

Quote:The live sphagnum moss in the nep pots are doing very well too. I am so impressed.
I grow all my plants in pure live Sphagnum with the brown LECA(dont no if the name in English is the same) Stones at the bottom to give them more Drainage. Sphagnum seems the best for me, because i have tested so many different Soils and nothing worked good for me.
I water the plants every 3 Days and a high pressure Raining system is spraying in the Wintertime 3 times a day for 1 minute (in the summer 10 times)

Quote:What kind of artificial lights do you use? Do you install them at the ceiling of your trailer? I guess you would not need a heating device since it is an enclosed area and if you have articficial lightings on.
I use for the main area 1 High pressure sodium (HPS) Lamp with 400W (yes the same like our friends from the Netherlands )
The Police like it a look every month if i grow illegal things, HAHA
The heat Radiator is neccesary because you can read my outside temperatures up in this thread. The other grow rack i have installed some T5 lightbulbs and Shoplamps

Quote:What is the humidity like? I noticed there are some pebble-like stones / peat pellets under your seedlings tray. What is it for? This is my Terraium inside the house for seedgermination. Here is it warm and at the nights not so cold like my Trailer. I sow all my seeds under Lowland conditions.
The stones name is in Sweden and Germany LECA, i dont no the name in English. I use it for Drainage at the bottom of my pots and in the terrarium only for a better look

Quote:Also, what fertiliser is it that you are using on your neps? Appreciate if you could explain how you use it.
I have imported Maxsea Seaweed from the US and this is the best Fertilizer i have ever seen. I have seen the first results after 2 weeks.
I use 1 teaspoon for 4L water a day after fertilizing i flush all my pots with water.

More Questions are welcome I want to show how easy it is to grow Nepenthes.
I have many bad experience to grow drosera and Venus flytraps and never succes with this. But Nepenthes seems to be very easy and i never lost a plant

My Homepage(swedish)
www.nepenthes.se
Robert
Advisor - Nepenthes

« Reply #7 on Dec 8, 2007, 7:49pm » Jens, i notice seed trays being wrapped for higher humidity. Is there any different in germination rate instead of leaving them open,if you had done any observation?
Link to Post - Back to Top 124.82.16.218 nepaholic

« Reply #8 on Dec 8, 2007, 8:22pm » Robert i, dont no. Because i ever germinate seeds in this boxes and they are closed. I only open the boxes once a day for fresh new air.
My Homepage(swedish)
www.nepenthes.se
David
Administrator

member is online

« Reply #9 on Dec 9, 2007, 7:40am » Jens,

Thanks for the explaination.

Robert,

you think we can find Maxsea Seaweed from the US here in Malaysia? I think I saw another brand some time back. Some seaweed extract thing. Don't know if it is the same thing.

Link to Post - Back to Top LoggedMy Wantlist peter

« Reply #10 on Dec 9, 2007, 4:58pm » Jens, You have managed to give your plants everything they need and more artificially. And then the opposite you have the guys in the tropics who don't have to do anything to make their plants grow.
I think it adds a lot of satisfaction to the hobby if you can create the perfect environment for your plants artificially.
Thanks for sharing such a supurb setup.
Peter

Link to Post - Back to Top 121.216.174.76