Nepenthes Everything about Tropical Pitcher Plants

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29th June 2008, 11:54 PM
Administrator

Default ifurita: More random pics

ifurita

More random pics
« Thread Started on Mar 10, 2008, 4:04pm »
Was just mucking around looking at my neps today and saw a few interesting things...

2 different dark gracilis

See the tiny fangs on the bical x camp

N. diatas finally pitchering...tiny tho..

N. camp finally adapting to peat media

Funny pot shaped viking. Any experts can tell me what form this guy is?

Link to Post - Back to Top Logged ifurita

Re: More random pics
« Reply #1 on Mar 10, 2008, 4:11pm »
N. albomarginata

N. albomarginata...hot lips version?

A sign of thing to come...and no rafflesiana genes in this one

Random not-so-popular hybrids:

And...they're not neps, but anyway...

U. gibba 1 Algae 0

Moth desu!

Link to Post - Back to Top Logged phissionkorps
Advisor - Nepenthes

if you don't grow from seed, toughen up!

« Reply #2 on Mar 10, 2008, 4:24pm »
Your stuff is looking great!
Is camp not supposed to be grown in peat media? I just got one, and it hasn't skipped a beat. I potted it in peat, but mixed a good amount of horticultural lime in.
Out of the 3 "not so popular" hybrids, I like that one in the middle....

Link to Post - Back to Top LoggedNatura non facit saltum
Species seed is worth its weight in platinum
Valhalla when I die
hongrui
Advisor - CP

CP addict

« Reply #3 on Mar 10, 2008, 5:37pm »
yo WW, great pics!

re: the 2 dark N. gracilis, the first is the nigropurpurea from BE right? where's the second from?
« Last Edit: Mar 10, 2008, 5:38pm by hongrui »Link to Post - Back to Top Loggedlooking for different forms of N. ampullaria, N. rafflesiana and N. xhookeriana.

My CP Growlist - updated 27 May '08
David
Administrator

« Reply #4 on Mar 11, 2008, 8:46am »
I like the gracilis in the first picture. Nice maroon on the outside and speckle inside.

The bical x camp is so cute with the tiny fangs. Is this hybrid a vigorous grower and easy to cultivate?

Don't know what shape is your sp viking but I like the shape. Like cute roundish oval shaped picthers.

Nice "hot lips" version of the albo. Seems albo are quite viarable too huh just like rafflesianas and amps.

So nice your gibba is flowering for you. Mine looks healthy and happy but no flowers. I think not enough sunlight for mine. Are those perlite floating on the water in your gibba tank?

Link to Post - Back to Top LoggedMy Wantlist ifurita

« Reply #5 on Mar 11, 2008, 4:36pm »

Quote:Your stuff is looking great!
Is camp not supposed to be grown in peat media? I just got one, and it hasn't skipped a beat. I potted it in peat, but mixed a good amount of horticultural lime in.
Out of the 3 "not so popular" hybrids, I like that one in the middle....

Thanks phissionkorps!
Well, I've heard that camps don't really like peat media...or maybe that's because of the acidity? Not really sure. I didn't mix in any horticultural lime into mine, so maybe that's why its taken a while to get around to pitchering.
If you mean the one in the middle of the first pic, that's a raff x viking. I like it too, mainly because of the peristome.

Quote:yo WW, great pics!

re: the 2 dark N. gracilis, the first is the nigropurpurea from BE right? where's the second from?

Thanks hongrui!
I'm not sure where the first came from: I got it as a free plant at one of the gatherings. I heard it was Hong Yee who donated it, but otherwise there's no mention of where it came from. The second one is from MT.

Quote:I like the gracilis in the first picture. Nice maroon on the outside and speckle inside.

The bical x camp is so cute with the tiny fangs. Is this hybrid a vigorous grower and easy to cultivate?

Don't know what shape is your sp viking but I like the shape. Like cute roundish oval shaped picthers.

Nice "hot lips" version of the albo. Seems albo are quite viarable too huh just like rafflesianas and amps.

So nice your gibba is flowering for you. Mine looks healthy and happy but no flowers. I think not enough sunlight for mine. Are those perlite floating on the water in your gibba tank?

Hi David,
I find the bical x camp quite easy to cultivate. It is a relatively slow grower, but its leaves get very large(relative to plant height) quickly, so it does take more time for it to put out each new leaf. On rare occasions, it puts out weird looking pitchers that resemble camp pitchers more than bical.
Lol...yeah, it'll be really interesting if there's a black albo with a red or green peristome, now that would look great.
I don't really think that sunlight is that big a factor in getting gibba to flower. I'd heard that it has to root itself into the substrate in order to flower. In the case of mine, I think its using the think algae as a substrate, haha! And yup, that's perlite. I dumped some in by accident much earlier, but never got around to removing it, heh.

Link to Post - Back to Top Logged hongrui
Advisor - CP

CP addict

« Reply #6 on Mar 12, 2008, 7:55am »
thanks for the info, WW. i'm waiting for my N. gracilis 'bau black' from MT to give me mature pitchers so that i can see its coloration. its so darn slow that sometimes i forget its a gracilis.
Link to Post - Back to Top Loggedlooking for different forms of N. ampullaria, N. rafflesiana and N. xhookeriana.

ifurita

« Reply #7 on Mar 12, 2008, 10:44am »

Quote:thanks for the info, WW. i'm waiting for my N. gracilis 'bau black' from MT to give me mature pitchers so that i can see its coloration. its so darn slow that sometimes i forget its a gracilis.

That's rather strange...because mine grows relatively quickly for me, or at least its more or less on par with the other N. gracilis plants that I grow, only that it doesn't basal as much. It was a bit slow initially, until I repotted it, but I assumed that just because it doesn't like MT's mix.

Link to Post - Back to Top Logged hongrui
Advisor - CP

CP addict

« Reply #8 on Mar 12, 2008, 11:41am »
hmm.. okay. then i guess i should repot mine too. its been in the MT mix for the past 8months. =p
Link to Post - Back to Top Loggedlooking for different forms of N. ampullaria, N. rafflesiana and N. xhookeriana.

sockhom

« Reply #9 on Mar 12, 2008, 4:34pm »
Very nice plants. I love that form of "Viking".
And the hawk-moth too! I wonder which species it is.

François.

Link to Post - Back to Top Logged