Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum  

Go Back   PetPitcher Forum > CARNIVOROUS PLANTS > Dionaea muscipula

Dionaea muscipula Everything about Venus's Flytrap

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 5th August 2008, 10:42 AM

Default Re: Something Wrong with my Venus?

well i'm not too sure if the sunlight is direct from my opinion..well i'm in camp all day long till evening.. but from what i do know is that during the morning around 8-10 its pretty bright sunlight, not sure if its direct.. and in the noon esp ard 1130- 3+4Pm its pretty hot.. bright sunlight too.. so i'm thinkin of tryin to place it under grow light to see if it will do any diff.. i'm living on the 3rd floor of a HDB.. so i'm not too sure if the light will be direct or not.. but i am sure its very bright and hot and i am tempted to place my plant outside at the corridoor but.. theft happens ard my place especially if you have 'special' things outside.. once my neighbours pet mice was stolen together with the cage when its place just outside their doorstep hence i dun want my plant to be stolen...

I guess i'm goin to find another location that has more sunlight... perhaps bringing it to my camp lol but doubt possible... hehe... i'll keep you guys informed of the condition.cos in when i bought my plant i did notice 2-3 traps with reddish colour.

Hmm i cant seem to find cobra lily sellers locally so i cant try growing it
But i'm now trying to see if i can get some VFT seeds, try germinating my own seedlings and if i can manage to grow em well to maturity, i might try growing Cobra lily... cos from what i read, all cps are pretty vunlerable during seedling period..

One question, any one of you have tried using the fertilizer/growth hormone Gibberellic acid? cos i came about a site that was talking about it and they tried using that to grow larger traps than the B52..

hehe Hopefully you will find a way to make your dream come true TS,and finally get your Cobra lily growing under controlled conditions Do update me on the growth of your cobra lily.