Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum  

Go Back   PetPitcher Forum > GENERAL CARNIVOROUS PLANTS DISCUSSION > All Stuff On Carnivorous Plants

All Stuff On Carnivorous Plants General Discussion: CPs, books, movies, accessories, "where to get what", etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30th June 2008, 03:21 PM
Administrator

Default tarence: Success stories

tarence
Global Moderator

Success stories
« Thread Started on Jul 1, 2007, 11:43am » What would you consider sucessful as far as cultivating CPs are concerned ?

For me, for droseras, it must flower & also multiply whether via seeds , roots or leaf cuttings. Then baru satisfied. Otherwise considered a failed `project`. I`m almost close to giving up on d.capensis. O why won`t you live ? The other varieties are flourishing.

For pings....same story. But my ping refuses to flower, only got plantlets. Half sucess only.

For neps, they must maintain pitcher size. But alas, this CP will always lose its pitchers come climbing stage. That`s the sad part. To combat that : choose slow growing rosette leaved varieties.

For vfts, maintain their trap size & also original colouration. Since flowers are a taboo to keep, that`s fine. Snip snip. Plantlets so far as easy to get.

Sarracenias : grow as high & tall as the genetic codes for the variety will allow. Flowers are a MUST and after maturity, new plantlets of course. So far so good. But some varities are quite prone to demanding for a dormancy period & that`s a bit tricky. How long, how much water, when to bring it out of dormancy ?

Link to Post - Back to Top 203.106.140.16 cosmoking

Re: Success stories
« Reply #1 on Jul 3, 2007, 6:49pm » I would say everything I have now is a success story as just about everything has grown well and flowered etc.

Pinguicula are a particular success story for me though, as I have 40 different species and hybrids and I can grow every one without problems.
« Last Edit: Jul 3, 2007, 6:50pm by cosmoking »Link to Post - Back to Top 82.32.21.171 tarence
Global Moderator

Re: Success stories
« Reply #2 on Jul 4, 2007, 8:58am » Happy that you are successful at CPs, Cosmoking. I`m partial to saying that the weather there helps but well, knowledge, care, detailed eye to species/ variety requirements would also all come into play as well. Congrats !
Link to Post - Back to Top 203.106.226.24