Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum  

Go Back   PetPitcher Forum > CARNIVOROUS PLANTS > Sarracenia

Sarracenia Everything about American Pitcher Plants

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 5th October 2010, 04:44 PM

Default Re: Growing conditions after removing Sarracenias from the fridge and mold.

Hello

Thanks for your suggestions. A local grower suggested to put the Sarracenias in semi shade for only about 3 or 4 days before transferring them into full sunlight BEFORE the young shoots start. This way the young shoots would not get burnt as they would not have started. I left it a bit late and the young shoots have started so now I will have to harden them off by perhaps giving them full sun up to about 10.30 AM in the morning and full sun after 3 PM in the afternoon and then cover them with 50 shade cloth between about 10.30 AM and 3 PM. I plan to hopefully have to provide this shading in the middle of the day for about the next 3 days before perhaps giving them only 2 hours of shade for a day and then full sun. Should this be a good idea or do you think they could stand more sun and sooner? The sooner they are put in full sun the better as far as saving us time.

I will post another question asking if I should remove the Sarracenia flowers that in some cases have started to bud before the pitchers start.

Your help is appreciated
Regards Richard.