Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum  

Go Back   PetPitcher Forum > CARNIVOROUS PLANTS > Drosera

Drosera Everything about Sundews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28th June 2009, 08:48 AM

Default Drosera Regia HELP ME!!!!!

Can someone please help me?

I just recently bought two juvenile Drosera Regia. I used to grow these plants when I was in high school and I got out of it because I ALWAYS have this problem.

I receive the drosera in the mail, and the leaves on the crown have started turning black. The blackness continues down to the crown and the whole plant dies back.

I had the plants outside in the east texas heat, and I realized that it was getting to warm for them.

So I have moved them inside and have them inside under a grow lamp. The new fiddle heads turn black and die quickly. The whole leaves eventually die down. It looks like I have carefully charred the plant with a blow torch.
The new tender leaves ALWAYS start to doe at the top of the leaf in the fiddle head then following down to the crown.
Can someone please help me.

I currently have them in day time temperatures of 70s to lower 80s and then cool nights down in the 60’s.
I am watering with the water tray system, and try not to let them dry out at all.

Any detailed help as I am at wits end. I have always liked drosera regia but they are so damn hard to sustain.

Thanks so much

David
Email
David052856@aol.com

Last edited by David052856; 28th June 2009 at 08:51 AM. Reason: font color