Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum  

Go Back   PetPitcher Forum > GENERAL CARNIVOROUS PLANTS DISCUSSION > All Stuff On Carnivorous Plants

All Stuff On Carnivorous Plants General Discussion: CPs, books, movies, accessories, "where to get what", etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30th June 2008, 04:15 PM
Administrator

Default kltower: Sphagnum moss

kltower
Pioneer Member

Sphagnum moss, perlite, peat moss
« Thread Started on Jan 16, 2007, 9:54pm » For those living in the Klang Valley, the home section of Jusco in 1-Utama would be a good place to shop for garden supplies. I got the following from there:

1) perlite (118g) RM5.00
2) sphagnum moss (90g) RM3.60
3) peat moss (820g) RM3.90
All these are packed in Cameron Highlands under the label UncSam.

I aslo managed to get sphagnum moss from a nursery in Cheras - 170g for RM6.00

However, if you want really good quality sphagnum moss, try Prosperous Nursery in Sungai Buloh. They stock sphagnum moss from Japan. A pack (146g) cost RM10.00

According to the owner of Prosperous, perlite is suppose to be very cheap. So maybe we can ask Juliana from MT to sell a few kg to us. Afterall, I am sure MT buys in bulk. David, can you check this out.

Choong

Link to Post - Back to Top 60.48.75.12 David
Administrator

member is online

Re: Sphagnum moss, perlite, peat moss
« Reply #1 on Jan 22, 2007, 9:25am » I have checked with MT before about buying sphagnum moss and perlite from them. They do not sell it to the public. Even if they agree to sell to us, maybe it will not be so cost effective since we have to pay them for posting it to us from Sarawak. Might be expensive and since sphagnum moss is actually plant material, don know if there will be problems.

I know the supplier for the New Zealand sphagnum moss that are sold in garden centres in shopping complexes in Malaysia. They do also carry perlite, sphagnum peat, plant hormone and other garden supplies too.

I talk to them and get from him in bulk so we can all share and have it cheaper. I'll post under the Stuff to Sell section.

Link to Post - Back to Top LoggedMy Wantlist Robert
Advisor - Nepenthes

« Reply #2 on Jan 22, 2007, 3:45pm » Hi Choong and everyone, one of the nurseries in kuching is selling perlite RM9.90 a kg. I think (not sure!?)there are 2 grade -small and large granules,not sure if the pricing are the same. I will check it out.

I usually buy the big granules .

Robert
« Last Edit: Jan 23, 2007, 7:03am by Robert »Link to Post - Back to Top 124.82.16.208 hirsuta07

« Reply #3 on Feb 13, 2007, 12:33pm » During my trip to Putrajaya for the Flora Fest recently, I managed to find Sphagnum Moss & Perlite and also various of species & hybrid of Nepenthes from 4zeplant's booth. You may logon to his website www.dapat.net/4zeplant for further information.

Link to Post - Back to Top 202.179.125.203 artificialive
Pioneer Member / Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on Feb 13, 2007, 1:39pm » yeah, in the site, they mentioned that they have an article on neps in 'Laman Impiana'. I bought that magazine but sadly, they got the name for the pitcher wrong. Its a bical, but they labeled it with another name (cant remember). Im sure that im right.. who cannot recognize a bical?
Link to Post - Back to Top 58.139.248.124[Naj Grow List] --- [Naj Wanted List] hirsuta07

« Reply #5 on Feb 13, 2007, 2:22pm » En Fauzi told me that it is Bicalcarata but the writer of Laman Impiana had wrongly typed it as Ventricosa.
Link to Post - Back to Top 202.179.125.203 artificialive
Pioneer Member / Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on Feb 13, 2007, 5:41pm » hehe! yupp, it is in my thought that it must be the editor of the magazine that done the error
Link to Post - Back to Top 58.139.248.124[Naj Grow List] --- [Naj Wanted List]