Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum  

Go Back   PetPitcher Forum > GENERAL CARNIVOROUS PLANTS DISCUSSION > All Stuff On Carnivorous Plants

All Stuff On Carnivorous Plants General Discussion: CPs, books, movies, accessories, "where to get what", etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30th June 2008, 04:56 PM
Administrator

Default applebee8: LF: Carnivorous Plants

applebee8

LF: Carnivorous Plants
« Thread Started on May 21, 2008, 1:34am » hi, i'm from the philippines and will be going to KL next week, am planning to take home with me some VFT, where can I find some? am not too familiar with KL and my hotel will be near petronas can anyone point me to the right direction? am also looking for some cephalotus. Thanks!
Link to Post - Back to Top 203.111.237.53 dom

Re: LF: Carnivorous Plants
« Reply #1 on May 21, 2008, 8:36am » Fauzi's farm is the only interesting place you want to go...PM fauzi then.
Link to Post - Back to Top 203.121.63.196My very first blog. Feel free to comments. www.dominicanrepublica.blogspot.com alienfx

« Reply #2 on May 21, 2008, 9:03am » Ur hotel will be near which Petronas?Is it the Petronas Twin Tower?Besides Fauzi's place,there are many nurseries in Sg.Buluh.Go there by Teksi or it will be great if you have some friends who can help you here.
Link to Post - Back to Top 60.49.79.82 applebee8

« Reply #3 on May 21, 2008, 11:33am » Thanks for your replies, I will be staying at concorde hotel near ampang, is that right? is Sg buloh near my hotel? can I just walk or take a taxi? Or are there any members here willing to sell me and meet me at my hotel or just give me a few starter shrubs? hehehe just trying my luck! Do you think i can just uproot it and put it in a resealable plastics bags for the trip back home? Are there any permits i should get for neps, VFT & cephalotus?
Link to Post - Back to Top 203.111.237.53 plantlover

Now I'm getting more experienced

« Reply #4 on May 21, 2008, 3:30pm » I think maybe need permits.
Link to Post - Back to Top 203.92.154.37Aaron alienfx

« Reply #5 on May 21, 2008, 5:38pm » Sg.Buluh is quite far from the place you will be staying.Im not sure about permits but i have imported life plants before by parcel from uk and it did arrive to me.I think you can uproot it,put it in a plastic bag with some moist/water then keep it in ur bag.Plant it as soon as you arrive back in ur hometown.You should not mail it from malaysia to filipinis as i heard the postal service in filipino quite bad.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 5:50pm by ameliepoulain »Link to Post - Back to Top 60.49.79.82 applebee8

« Reply #6 on May 21, 2008, 7:28pm » thanks alienfx, i really don't know anything there and would definitely be going around in circles. hehehe you're right, postal service here is bad, unless via UPS or Fedex. That's what i'm planning to do, to put the plant in a ziplock bag with some moss and keep it in a tupperware so as not to be squished in the luggage then, will just transfer it when i get home.
Link to Post - Back to Top 203.111.237.53