Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum  

Go Back   PetPitcher Forum > MEMBERS CORNER > Introduction

Introduction Introduce and tell us a little about yourself

Old 16th April 2010, 01:14 PM

Default Hello greenies

Hi friends.

My name is Rafiq. And I'm a 28 year old boy from Ampang. My main interest is keeping reptiles and invertebrates. Recently my direction in the hobby took a turn (for the good I hope!) and I had to let go of most of my invertebrates as well as reptiles. I am now left with keeping 6 blue tongue skinks, a planted tank and a native river fish tank. And owh, I also have a sad collection of 6 tillandsias.

I received my first tilly from funkychips (Alvin) in December 2008 and the interest grew for a while, but never to the point of adding much to what I gained in the first few months, perhaps because my hands were full with the pets' upkeeping. I still have to thank Alvin for giving me the first taste of the salt. My interest in tillandsias led me to this forum a couple of years back, and I've been stalking the threads every other month since.

I registered here today to dip my head deeper into the hobby. I would love to learn as much as my brain allows me to here. Would love to meet other tilly keepers as well.

P/s: I am new and fragile. Please be gentle. :P

Warm regards,
Rafiq.

My first tilly, a gift from funkychips - Tillandsia xerographica (late 2008)

Old 16th April 2010, 01:57 PM

Default Re: Hello greenies

Welcome to the forum bro.
Old 16th April 2010, 03:25 PM

Welcome!! i'm very interested in reptiles too but my parents are scared of them :P You don't have any carnivorous plants right??
Old 16th April 2010, 03:48 PM

Thanks Andrew and Marvin. I don't have any carnivorous plants at the moment.
Old 16th April 2010, 03:53 PM

Well try some periuk kera(Nepenthes)!!! They are easy to grow too
Old 16th April 2010, 08:30 PM

Great tillandsia! Welcome to the forum and hopefully you pick up some VERY addictive carnivorous plants

Check out my Grow-list and my Twitter page!
Old 18th April 2010, 11:31 PM
Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafiqos View Post
Hi friends.

My name is Rafiq. And I'm a 28 year old boy from Ampang. My main interest is keeping reptiles and invertebrates. Recently my direction in the hobby took a turn (for the good I hope!) and I had to let go of most of my invertebrates as well as reptiles. I am now left with keeping 6 blue tongue skinks, a planted tank and a native river fish tank. And owh, I also have a sad collection of 6 tillandsias.

I received my first tilly from funkychips (Alvin) in December 2008 and the interest grew for a while, but never to the point of adding much to what I gained in the first few months, perhaps because my hands were full with the pets' upkeeping. I still have to thank Alvin for giving me the first taste of the salt. My interest in tillandsias led me to this forum a couple of years back, and I've been stalking the threads every other month since.

I registered here today to dip my head deeper into the hobby. I would love to learn as much as my brain allows me to here. Would love to meet other tilly keepers as well.

P/s: I am new and fragile. Please be gentle. :P

Warm regards,
Rafiq.

My first tilly, a gift from funkychips - Tillandsia xerographica (late 2008)

A warm welcome to you Rafiq. You have 2 very nice and healthy xero. pups there. I'm sure you know how th take care and understand all their needs. Give it some time and a little tlc, it will grow up to be something like this........

Hahahahahaaa....hope this pioson is not too much for you. Again, warm welcome to you and hope you've found what you are looking for.
Cheers,
AT