Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum  

Go Back   PetPitcher Forum > MEMBERS CORNER > Group Purchase

Group Purchase Organize a group purchase and share out the cost by purchasing as a group

Old 5th October 2008, 08:59 AM
Administrator

Default Archive 11 Jan 07: MT Order - Dec 2006

artificialive
Pioneer Member / Global Moderator
« Thread Started on Jan 11, 2007, 12:21am »

Heres the pics of my joint order with David. Really excited.. 1st time of my online orders . However, i think one of my plants is the wrong one my ampullaria had been replaced with rafflesiana..

the box arrived at 13.40

N. Albomarginata (Kuching spotted) inside and outside theplastic package

N. Bellii (orange) inside and outside the plastic package

N. Truncata inside and outside the plastic package

Hmm.. the raff that was claimed to be amp.. the order and the arrived plant did not match

David
Administrator
« Reply #1 on Jan 11, 2007, 9:17am »

Your plants are big and looks very healthy. Mine are smaller. Will try to call Juliana today if possible. Have meeting the whole day.

Will post my pictures either tomorrow or the day after. No camera.

artificialive
« Reply #2 on Jan 11, 2007, 9:47am »

The bellii with long stem looks ugly huh? decided to repot it..

artificialive
« Reply #3 on Jan 11, 2007, 9:56am »

Quote:Your plants are big and looks very healthy. Mine are smaller. Will try to call Juliana today if possible. Have meeting the whole day.

Will post my pictures either tomorrow or the day after. No camera.

i see.. cant wait to see ur plants David. Btw, i havent open yet the plastic package of the wrong plant. Is it ok? or i just have to open it?

David
Administrator
« Reply #4 on Jan 12, 2007, 11:15pm »

I think you sould open it. Actually when you look at it, it does not look like rafflesiana. Raffelsiana have a higher peristome but this plant have a horizontal peristome just like ampullaria. I think the only difference is the shape of the pitchers. The colour looks like ampullaria to me.

Spoke to Juliana. She said sometimes in tissue culture, out of a few hundred a few plants might be deformed a little. My ampullaria also look like yours.

Actully I am quite eager to see how this fella turn out to be when it is bigger. Anyway, Juliana is checking with her nursery managers with the picture you emailed.

My adnata looks exactly like your belli. I found a new off shoot at the bottom near the potting media. I have since chopped off the main stem to allow the off shoot to grow. It will look better. I'm trying to root this cutting. If sucessful, I'll have 2 adnata!

artificialive
« Reply #5 on Jan 13, 2007, 12:07am >>

Yup, i noticed that the peristome is a bit horizontal. But the lid does not seem to be as small as and as reflexed as ampullaria. Cannot see the peristome and the colour correctly as i havent open the package. Will post some pictures after opening the plastic package btw David, ur very lucky to have an off shoot!

artificialive
« Reply #6 on Jan 13, 2007, 12:36am »

Hmm.. after opening the plastic cover, i have second thoughts
the pitcher have the characteristics of ampullaria - broad and horizontal peristome, short tendrils. And the growing tips also looks like an amp's. However, as i mentioned, the lid is not reflexed, does not have the narrow shape and the pitcher is broader, like a rafflesiana.

amp x raff? hahaha! kidding

David
Administrator
« Reply #7 on Jan 13, 2007, 8:54am »

Hey, it might be...

artificialive
« Reply #8 on Jan 15, 2007, 11:56am »

Hmm, the truncata in the MT website have a higher and striped peristome, with no wings.. contary to mine..

Btw David, cant wait to see ur pics..!

David
Administrator
« Reply #9 on Jan 15, 2007, 1:54pm »

I think it is because the truncate on MT's site is from a more mature plant. Yupe! My pictures. Already have it but do not have the opportunity to shrink it and upoad to photobucket. Remember, my computer died on me. Have to find other options.

David
Administrator
« Reply #10 on Jan 16, 2007, 1:45pm »

Man, this is frustrating. I am trying to upload the pictures but just can't get into photobucket.
... seaaaash!

prana
« Reply #11 on Jan 16, 2007, 2:14pm »

hi artificialive

ur ampu could be an ampu. Neps tend to look alike when they are young. I had similar experience and i thot my plant could be a x hookeriana (ie. ampu x raff). Check whether the leaves got tiny hairs that u can scrap off with ur fingers. Ampu should have this characteristic. The hairs look like dust...Raffs dont have this

artificialive
« Reply #12 on Jan 16, 2007, 2:27pm »

ooh.. prana from GCS
i see, so young neps behave like that, never experience any before. If not raff, i tot it maybe amp x mirabilis. anyway thanx prana

David
Administrator
« Reply #13 on Jan 17, 2007, 9:18am »

Ok, Juliana got back to us. Confirm it is ampullaria. The pitchers look like this when the plant is small.

ps: Still can't log in to photobucket.

artificialive

« Reply #14 on Jan 17, 2007, 9:33am »

Yeah, received the email from her. Btw David, have tried to use imageshack?

David
Administrator
« Reply #15 on Jan 17, 2007, 1:02pm »

Have not tried it. Thot of keeping all the pictures in just one area. Easier to manage.

David
Administrator
« Reply #16 on Jan 18, 2007, 12:57pm »

Ok, thanks to Naj for hosting my pictures for me. Here's the shipment I received from MT...

N. adnata

N. ampullaria (Bau, spotted)

N. reinwardtiana (Kapit, Lowland)

David

Administrator
« Reply #17 on Jan 18, 2007, 1:07pm »

Hmm, don know it's only me or what! I don see the pictures on the screen. can you guys see it?

prana
« Reply #18 on Jan 18, 2007, 1:20pm »

hey i can see them.......im sure u will love the adnata...but why u nvr get sumatrana instead?

artificialive
« Reply #19 on Jan 18, 2007, 1:34pm »

Quote:Ok, thanks to Naj for hosting my pictures for me.

David, dont mention it lah..

Btw, yeah.. i think ur plants look smaller than mine

Treat the earth well. It was not given to you by your parents. It was loaned to you by your children. - A Kenyan Proverb

Last edited by David; 5th October 2008 at 09:25 AM.
Old 5th October 2008, 09:00 AM
Administrator

Default Re: Archive: MT Order - Dec 2006

David
Administrator
« Reply #20 on Jan 18, 2007, 5:33pm »

Quote:hey i can see them.......im sure u will love the adnata...but why u nvr get sumatrana instead?

I will get it in my next purchase. Check out the group purchase. N. sumatrana is already there under my name.

Treat the earth well. It was not given to you by your parents. It was loaned to you by your children. - A Kenyan Proverb

Last edited by David; 5th October 2008 at 09:19 AM.