Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum  

Go Back   PetPitcher Forum > GENERAL CARNIVOROUS PLANTS DISCUSSION > All Stuff On Carnivorous Plants

All Stuff On Carnivorous Plants General Discussion: CPs, books, movies, accessories, "where to get what", etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17th November 2008, 12:58 PM

Default Re: How well CP different species Ship?

Thanks Casey for the info, Alien, yes I agree that our post is somewhat unreliable but they do arrive in around 1 or 2 weeks time depending on the cost you are willing to pay. One can still do EMS and it can be quite fast, but you will have to pay a premium. Also I think another thing is to maybe send through EMS at the main office, because I was surprised that once the postoffice in my area said that it is 7 days at their office and 7 days transit! What?!

Anyway that is actually totally not the point about my above question, because I just want to know which species can actually be safely shipped with confidence and how long different CP species can survive in a closed/no light environment, so that one can adjust the shipping style accordingly.

Example if droseras for example can only take 5 days, then no other choice but to do Fastest EMS or just send seeds. If Nepenthes can stay for 10 to 15 days, then regular EMS is possible. etc. etc. Oh and we probably should also state the size of the plants, coz for nepenthes we of course know that big plants can get over the shock better than very small plants. But big plants are impractical to ship.

TTFN
Arvin