Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum  

Go Back   PetPitcher Forum > GENERAL CARNIVOROUS PLANTS DISCUSSION > All Stuff On Carnivorous Plants

All Stuff On Carnivorous Plants General Discussion: CPs, books, movies, accessories, "where to get what", etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30th June 2008, 04:02 PM
Administrator

Default David: Nepenthes of Sumatra and Peninsula Malaysia

David
Administrator

member is online

Nepenthes of Sumatra and Peninsula Malaysia
« Thread Started on Mar 30, 2007, 11:01pm »

I just recenly got this book, "Nepenthes of Sumatra and Peninsular Malaysia by Charles Clark". MPH 1-Utama was having sales. I just could not resist the temptation. It dug a big hole in my pocket but it was worth it.

This book has been around for some time. Just didn't have the cash to buy it. Been wanting it for some time now. So far I've not gone through the whole book yet. Not even half way but I must say it is very informative and a little more scientific than other books like Savage Garden. However, it is a easy read.

This book is worth the buy and your efford to save money for if you are really crazy about Nepenthes. It is hard cover, has 326 pages and comes with over 150 beautiful photos.

A little bit of what information you can find in the book...

It details the 34 species and 18 natural hybrids that are growing in Sumatra and Peninsular Malaysia. Information on the description on each species, its distribution, ecology and known natural hybrids are detailed in the book. This includes features in a particular species that can help us identify them. It also gives a summary of the taxonomic history of Nepenthes in the region.

The final chapters which I have just glance through at the moment deals with conservation and cultivation issues. There is also a useful section on recommended species for cultivation and managing a Nepenthes collection.

« Last Edit: Apr 7, 2007, 2:19pm by David »Link to Post - Back to Top LoggedMy Wantlist