Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum  

Go Back   PetPitcher Forum > GENERAL CARNIVOROUS PLANTS DISCUSSION > All Stuff On Carnivorous Plants

All Stuff On Carnivorous Plants General Discussion: CPs, books, movies, accessories, "where to get what", etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30th June 2008, 04:49 PM
Administrator

Default shawnintland: Malesiana Tropicals

shawnintland

Malesiana Tropicals
« Thread Started on May 14, 2008, 7:58pm » PetPitcher Forum Members,

I want to add some up-to-date information about the situation regarding MT so that some of the old, seemingly outdated, information is not all there is to choose from. Anyone that is a member on other forums; please feel free to re-post this!

I placed an order with MT some time back and shortly after sending off my money, came across a number of other forum threads in which people were upset with either the plants they received, the service or both. Well, it seemed that most of those complaints were from a period a few years back when they were going through some 'changes'.

I received my order this week and, after handling each and every plant while transplanting, I have come to my own conclusions. Below is a copy of the letter I have just sent to MT;

Dear Malesiana Tropicals staff,

I would like to start off by saying “Thank You” to everyone involved in my order! I was very pleasantly surprised by the size and quality of the plants I received in my recent bulk order. The plants were larger than the sizes quoted to me and all arrived in very good shape. The packaging was such that absolutely no damage occurred in shipping and, other than the delay over the weekend when my Post Office and Customs Department were closed; the order arrived in record speed with all certificates and permits in good order. (Sent May 7th – arrived in my hands May 12th) They were actually delivered to the PO on May 10th! The communications with Juliana were very smooth and helpful and other feedback from MT regarding the shipping was timely.

All in all, I can only say “thank you” again and I will be looking forward to doing business with you again soon!

Sincerely,
Shawn Mayes

Shawn Mayes Co., Ltd.
102/7 Moo 3
NaMuang, Koh Samui
Thailand 84140

Phone; 089 200 2195
E-mail; shawn@nagalaya.com
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 8:02pm by shawnintland »Link to Post - Back to Top 203.170.150.155 David
Administrator

member is online

Re: Malesiana Tropicals
« Reply #1 on May 15, 2008, 9:23am » Any pictures to show. Do show us pictures of the plants you got from MT please. Perhaps you can post in the Nepenthes Board. Happy for you Shawn.
Link to Post - Back to Top LoggedMy Wantlist kltower
Pioneer Member

Re: Malesiana Tropicals
« Reply #2 on May 15, 2008, 10:26am » My experiences with MT have been good. I have been buying from them since 2004 and my last purchase was Feb 2008. My purchases are not big, I spent RM150-RM350 on each purchase.

MT offerring is now very limited. But they do change their offerring every few months. So do check their website, periodically.

However, many of MT offerring can be bought in local nurseries at lower prices and if not bigger plant for the same price. Plants like ventricosa, hirsuta, truncata, maxima and sibuyanensis are available occasionally from Sg Buloh nurseries.

Now that Fauzi is bringing plants from BE, do check with him or his website. BE plants sold by Fauzi can be quite competitive. And you can get quite big plants too!

Choong

Link to Post - Back to Top 60.48.193.1