Nepenthes Everything about Tropical Pitcher Plants

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29th June 2008, 07:28 PM
Administrator

Default horatio: nep place in JB

horatio

nep place in JB
« Thread Started on Nov 28, 2007, 6:48pm » greetings all,

am new here..i'm juz wondering if there's any good nurseries in JB to buy neps from..last week wen i was in malacca,i went to visit Fauzi at his stall at subang parade..i was lost for 2hrs before i got to his place.. finally got a n.sibuyanensis and s.falva from him..

so,is there anyone who can help me with locating agood nursery in JB?

cheers,

'H'

Link to Post - Back to Top 218.186.9.4 David
Administrator

member is online

Re: nep place in JB
« Reply #1 on Nov 29, 2007, 9:20am » Hi, welcome again to our little forum. By the way, could you indicate under your profile where your location is so that members have an idea of where you are from. Thanks

Link to Post - Back to Top LoggedMy Wantlist horatio

« Reply #2 on Nov 29, 2007, 4:45pm » so...can anyone help???
Link to Post - Back to Top 203.124.2.26 David
Administrator

member is online

« Reply #3 on Dec 3, 2007, 8:03am » Sorry, I'm not familiar with Johor nurseries. Perhaps you could scout around and see? I think there's only 1-2 members from Johor and they do not talk much. Would appreciate it if you could update us if you go on a nursery hunting trip and found a good nursery there.
Link to Post - Back to Top LoggedMy Wantlist horatio

« Reply #4 on Dec 3, 2007, 11:08am » ok then..hehe..btw,anyone here from malacca?my grandparents are from malacca,kampong alai..once in awhile i visit them..any good nurseries selling cps there?

Link to Post - Back to Top 218.186.9.4 artificialive
Pioneer Member / Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on Dec 4, 2007, 7:32am » hi there horatio,
its actually hard to find neps here in malacca. There are some nurseries that sells ordinary neps though - xventrata, ventricosa, ampullaria. even raff is very hard to come by. there is a nursery at Semabok, just before the flyover, a nursery at Bukit Beruang that sells common neps. There is also another one on the way to Muar. i dunno whats the place's name, but if u are from Melaka Sentral, just go straight to the road to Muar, take the first flyover (on the T junction where u can see Al-Azim mosque) just go straight, do not take the 2nd flyover. The nursery is just beside (on the left) of the 2nd flyover. Hope this helps. But dont have very high hopes, the neps are the common ones.

Naj

Link to Post - Back to Top 218.111.175.194[Naj Grow List] --- [Naj Wanted List] rainforestguy

« Reply #6 on Dec 5, 2007, 1:59pm » If this nursery sells original plants, then it will be good. If it resells tc'd material, I would wait since they will hot rock bottom prices quickly and easily. The original seed grown originals will be your best investment! It will be most likely that the ventricosa and Ventrata are all tc'd mules. If the amps are from tc'd, it would be a real waste of time growing them out into sterile flowering plants.

M

Link to Post - Back to Top 67.49.180.26http://www.lhnn.proboards107.com/index.cgi