Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum  

Go Back   PetPitcher Forum > CARNIVOROUS PLANTS > Nepenthes

Nepenthes Everything about Tropical Pitcher Plants

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18th November 2008, 10:17 AM

Default Care tips on these new guys

Hi everyone

I just got new neps from Fauzi yesterday and i haven't really figured out how to care for them....not that i can't keep them alive just trying to give it the best possible conditions i can ever give.

N x Lady Pauline

These one is hybrid between 2 highland nepenthes species and in the whole forum people have been growing them in lowland conditions and they look great.I was thinking since it was already grown in lowland conditions for some time can i drop the temperature of where it grows at night without harming it or do i have to slowly adapt it.If grown in lowland conditions the nep might be a little......small/pitchers...Or i can just spray it with cold water at night.

N Maxima x Fusca

I have never so far heard of this hybrid............When i google this hybrid up i find people talking bout N gentle or N velvet which i have no idea how to care fot

N Viking

I don't think i have much problem with this one since it grows in lowland conditions.The only problem is the lighting....According to what i heard from Fauzi (if i didn't hear wrongly) give it a more shaded condition to get the reddish colouration.If given to much sunlight it might bleech away the reddish colouration.

N Albomarginata

These one like N viking i have no problem since it grows in lowland conditions.Just the lighting also do i give it direct to maintain the red colouration??Anyways this one is really hairy...

Ken