Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum  

Go Back   PetPitcher Forum > CARNIVOROUS PLANTS > Drosera

Drosera Everything about Sundews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 6th October 2008, 04:09 AM

Default Re: D. intermedia.....

Strath,
I do agree with you on the sellers of the seeds. They do mention on their website that sometimes the mixed seeds packets contain only one single species. I was in a way aware of this, I just didn't expect it. However, It is lame that they don't even know what form of D. intermedia seeds they carry. I guess this must mean they dont know what form of D. intermedia they grow because they also sell potted and bare root plants. I just wonder how they take care of them. I guess they just leave them there to fend off by themselves. Theyr warehouse is located on the west coast of the US, dont know where exactly though so this doest help to determine what form of intermedia these might be. I will e-mail them with this inquiery.

Shawn,
Thanks for the info. Always good to consult The Savage Garden hehehe. Everybody who grows or wants to know more about CP cultivation should own a copy of this book, I know it has been of great help to me from the start.

What I am going to do is simply proceed as I had planned. I will gradually decrease light hours and temperature as I do fot my Srracenia and vfts. If the plant shows any signs of dormancy it's going into the fridge. If not I'll just go back to regular light hours and assume it is the tropical form. If it proves not to be the temprate form then I'll sow the seeds immeadiatley, if not I'll wait for next year to keep them in sync with my other dormancy requiring plants. I will also take clones from the intermedias prior to experimentation. I think this simple trial experiment will be my only way to find out what form I am growing.
Thanks for your input, I really appreciate it! Later!

Grow List