Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum  

Go Back   PetPitcher Forum > CARNIVOROUS PLANTS > Heliamphora

Heliamphora Everything about Sun Pitchers

Old 17th July 2011, 11:14 PM

Default Re: It blooms!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by delphiguy View Post
thanks Ifurita for the info... I hope I can find one locally as I am dying to give this a try.
Hope you manage to! Because otherwise you may have to order from Wistuba like I did and that ain't cheap. I had to save up for a long time for it, heh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy0123 View Post
Nice Plant . When you first bought it is it in juvenile state or mature state? If mature did it turn back to juvenile sometimes?
When I first got it, it had mostly immature pitchers, but was starting to grow mature ones. It kept on producing mature pitchers and never went back to producing immature ones, except for the baby clumps popping up from the base. Reverting back to immature pitchers is a sign that the plant is stressed, usually heat stress over here. In my earlier attempts to grow Helis, they usually reverted back to immature pitchers and after hanging in there for a few months, died off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardyeeks View Post
Really a great achievement of windowsill growing! Did you bag the plant for humidity?
This one is not bagged, but I do use a humidity shield: place other things and plants around and very close to it to keep humidity around it high. I have tried to bag Helis to maintain humidity levels before, but they usually die from rot at the base after a while. Thus I now don't bag the plants anymore.