PetPitcher Forum  

Go Back   PetPitcher Forum > MEMBERS CORNER > Introduction

Introduction Introduce and tell us a little about yourself

Old 12th July 2008, 06:39 PM
Administrator

Default Isaac: Archive from old forum

isaacgoh
Reply #6 on Jan 4, 2007, 11:43am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name: Isaac Goh (Newbie)

Work: IT Professional

CPs: Nepenthes, Sarracenia, Venus Fly Trap

Growing: Condo Balcony (80% sunlight)

I like gardening and scaping in general. I'm into crystal red shrimps and planted tank (this month Jan 21st you can see my nano competition tank in Ikano Power center East Aqua), sometimes I'll do some hiking to collect mosses and plants for my tank. On my hiking trail I found some tiny cups of nepenthes(bad at IDing) planted them in soil covered with terrestial moss and pellia(thriving). This is my first pitcher plant, went to buy one plant from malesiana(ventricosa black peristome) and got hooked on sarracenia when i got it from Pieceslim (Lim). Killed the sarracenia because I thought they would grow on good soil, later found out that they grow best on spagnum moss. Currently I have 3 types of Sarra, 3 types of nepenthes, 1 normal green VFT.

First laid eyes on sarracenias and other CPs from this paludarium(hooked instantly).

This image is reduced by 7%, click it to view full size.

More from here:

http://my.plantedtank.info/album113

I am still very much a CP newbie and hope to get more CPs soon.
Old 12th July 2008, 06:40 PM
Administrator

Default Re: Isaac: Archive from old forum

Reply: David
Re: isaacgoh
« Reply #1 on Jan 6, 2007, 12:47pm »

Hi Isaac! Welcome to the forum.

You just made my jaw drop with this beautiful paludarium... WOW! That is beautiful! Honestly, I have never seen a planted tank so beautiful before. The cps are so beautiful in it.

There was a company who tried to do something like this. It was Urban Nature design and they had a shop in Pet Safari and the shopping complex in Mont Kiara (can't remember the name). But this setup beats them a hundred times. I think they've closed down. They were selling the terr way too expensive.

I'll defitnally try to drop by to see your nano competition tank in inkano.

By the way, if you are interested, I still have some extra baby nepenthes plantlets that I can give to you if you want.

Heh, hee, now I have another fellow cper who also grows plants in an apartment. I do not have a balcony, so I gow my plants indoors next to the window. Is your apartment the new one along Jalan Kuching where the walls at the parking are planted with lots of plants?
Old 12th July 2008, 06:42 PM
Administrator

Reply: TS
« Reply #2 on Jan 7, 2007, 12:17am »

Hi Issac, welcome to the forum. I've always seen your name in MAC, but you don't see me bacause I'm always "behind the scene", hehe. I got hooked with that paludarium too when I first saw it. I also downloaded all the picture you showed us, very impressive and nice work done.

Issac is very experienced and a guru in aquarium planted tank.
Old 12th July 2008, 06:42 PM
Administrator

Reply: jeffrey
« Reply #3 on Jan 8, 2007, 12:03am »

WAH! NICE!!
Is there any chance you will like to share with us some of your skill? Hehe
Old 12th July 2008, 06:44 PM
Administrator

Reply: Isaac
« Reply #4 on Jan 8, 2007, 2:26pm »

Dear all,

Sorry for my late reply, wanted to reply sooner but then was caught up in something all the time.

David: Thank you for your offer of the baby nepenthes. I was in Kepong(jinjang and carefore) yesterday and was so tempted to call you but then I don't have your number. You have a wonderful and very comprehensive list. I'm still learning so I'll need all the help I can get from you and this forum. Yes, that's the apartments that's by the roadside near segambut/duta roundabout. Nice forum btw. Do come and view our nano tanks on the 21st Sunday because judging will be done on that day only. My number is 012-5213808. Call me if you are coming so that we can meet up.

Cactustts: I am not guru in planted tanks, you compliment is so flattering. I'm just one of the guys who enjoys talking crap in the forum. I have seen your nick around, I know what you did last.... LOL...just kidding. Do you stay in Jln Ipoh? very near my place too. Can buy some good stuffs from you too apart from piecesLim.

Jeffrey: No skill how to show off? Really nothing much to show since I only started taking picture a bit more serious last year. Don't know whether it's appropriate to show here. Anyway, here you go for my last entry to ADA competition. A very wild and overgrown scape which I was trying to create from my experience in our malaysian jungle. It's the work of a newbie, so please give some 'face' ok...LOL.

This image is reduced by 16%, click it to view full size.

Dear Everyone,
Btw, I forgot to say that I am willing to adopt any nepenthes or CPs that you have spares!!
Old 12th July 2008, 06:44 PM
Administrator

Reply: David
« Reply #5 on Jan 8, 2007, 4:36pm »

Hey, if that tank is from a newbie, it's not bad at all. And you got your message through. It does give me the impression of our Malaysian jungle. Wild and overgrown, but beautiful.

Give me a call when you want to collect the plantlets. But I must warn you, they're only about 2-3 months old. So they're really tiny. Maybe I'll see what other bigger plants I have spare to pass to you. Why don't you post your growlist in the members growlist section. Then I can see waht you don't have.

Under the stuff to sell/give away, I have a thread where I offer a pot of N. gracilis for exchange or give away. If you like, I can give you that pot of gracilis.

You can reach me at 016-2280980. Sometimes, for whatever reason, people just can't seem to get through to my phone. Don know it's the hardware or software. Just send me a sms or leave a message. I'll defitnally get back to you if I see your message.