Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum  

Go Back   PetPitcher Forum > CARNIVOROUS PLANTS > Nepenthes

Nepenthes Everything about Tropical Pitcher Plants

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 4th June 2011, 02:10 PM

Default cutting question

My questions are

1 If you have a plant that has flowered male or female if you take a cutting from it and root it will the cutting be more like a adult plant than say a 2-3 year plant

2 will the flower stem get longer and have more flowers the older the plant or does it stay about the same

3 if you plant has basal`s will they flower at or around the same time giving you more than one flower stem at once I seen in the post Cut viking flower stalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy0123 View Post
I think leaving the flower on will not harm the plant too much. I've seen in the wild a huge nep plant with more than 5 flowering stalks. I'll be satisfy if i get even 1....
but is that from the main part of the plant or from the basal's

4 And i have been reading that you can force a plant to flower by stressing it out and that a stressed plant may produce weaker seeds and may damage the plant in the long term and that you can speed up the growth of a plant by feeding it more and if you feed it to much you could end up killing your plant so is there a safe way to get your plant to flower without putting your plans at risk or is your best bet to just sit back and let your plant flower when its ready

P.S. Im thing its better to let it flower when its ready