Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum  

Go Back   PetPitcher Forum > GENERAL CARNIVOROUS PLANTS DISCUSSION > Projects

Projects Tips, suggestions and discussion on member's gardening projects

Old 22nd July 2008, 10:18 AM

Default Our TINY Mini Green House

This is my tiny mini green house that hubby built for me this past week, its not done yet and still working on the inside as well, when its completed and has everything in it including the plants i will post more pics. I hope to have it done by tomarrow. We used crap scrap wood from around the barn and yard and alot of stuff i had to make shift to use.. Its not much for room but hey it will help alot, still gota get a tiny fan and one more smaller light for the short end. It has on the left side 2 shop lights/4 total bulbs. I have to get more supplies in and also hook the power cords up so there not on the ground. I think its real cute..

First pics of it being built.

Now almost completed.

Like i stated alot more work to be done befour adding plants.. Will post more pics soon..
Old 22nd July 2008, 11:42 AM
Executive Member

Default Re: Our TINY Mini Green House

hi barracuba,

Great job. man! heheheh for me that green house is not mini. This is what i dream of.... so how is the weather there? What the level of humidity for outdoor? and how many watts/lumen will plug into the house? i like the decoration~~~ FLoweR....

Do share more with us~~
Old 22nd July 2008, 03:47 PM
Administrator

Cude,

That is a very adorable little greenhouse you got there. Tell your hubby his workmanship is commendable. Very neat and nice.

Is that hay that you lay on the ground?

Nice touch with the flowers at teh edge of the roof.

Treat the earth well. It was not given to you by your parents. It was loaned to you by your children. - A Kenyan Proverb
Old 22nd July 2008, 05:00 PM

Thanks Edmund, the lights in the GH will only be used on chilly nights and or on rainy days when its drak and gloomy. The left side shop lights are as fallows, 4-F40 T12 bulbs 48" . 2 bulbs are GE Plant & Aquarium and 2 bulbs are GE Daylight, lumens total 9,900, CRI total index 330, watts total 160. The back end lights which i will be adding another to the one is, 2 ft shop lights 4 bulbs F20 T12, 2 bulbs GE Plant & Aquarium and 2 bulbs GE Sunshine, total lumens 3250, total CRI index 360, total watts 80. I will have to get a humidity reading for outside but its pretty humid here we have had nothing but rain rain rain. We have yet to see a day that reaches a balmmy 89%. The little flowers was just something i had laying around the barn and put it to use i thought it was cute.. I will be getting temp readings in the GH durring the day and at night with and without the vent open befour putting the plants in, gota make sure not to fry the CPs ya know..

Hey David thanks tons... Told hubby what i wanted and told him to get to work and use the crap scrap wood we had laying around. He likes building me things i want if we have the materials.. As for the stuff on the ground and in the GH its Cypress mulch it helps keep the slugs and snails from crawling under the frame of the GH and also helps cut down on bugs crawling in that might harm the plants, plus its good for keeping the humidity up in the GH. But the plants will still catch plenty of flies and nats and other small insects that get thru the screen on the air vent and when i have the door open for a few durring the day while im working in the GH.

I will get more pics up as soon as its complete...
Old 22nd July 2008, 05:17 PM

Nice greenhouse. Looks good with the flowers on the roof.
Old 23rd July 2008, 02:26 AM

Very nice greenhouse! I look forward to seeing pics as the project progresses.
Old 24th July 2008, 10:05 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Barracuda_47* View Post
Hey David thanks tons... Told hubby what i wanted and told him to get to work and use the crap scrap wood we had laying around. He likes building me things i want if we have the materials.. As for the stuff on the ground and in the GH its Cypress mulch it helps keep the slugs and snails from crawling under the frame of the GH and also helps cut down on bugs crawling in that might harm the plants, plus its good for keeping the humidity up in the GH. But the plants will still catch plenty of flies and nats and other small insects that get thru the screen on the air vent and when i have the door open for a few durring the day while im working in the GH.
Hey, I learn something new today. Didn't know Cypress mulch helps keep the slugs and snails from crawling in the GH. Thanks. can't wait to see pictures when your plants are placed inside.

By the way, that must be your hubby working on your GH in the third picture behind the GH. I like the place where you are staying with all the trees and nature around.

Treat the earth well. It was not given to you by your parents. It was loaned to you by your children. - A Kenyan Proverb
Old 25th July 2008, 01:43 AM
Pioneer
Senior Global Moderator

Wow, a cute little green house indeed, good job. Yeah, I agreed with David that your place is so nice with the trees and greenery around.
Old 26th July 2008, 01:00 AM

Hey David heres alittle hint take coffee grinds and sprinkle them around where your having probs with the slugs and snails make sure to use enough to create a small thick line of it, if you use the cypress mulch make sure to put some coffee grinds mixed in with it. For some reason slugs and snails cant stand coffee grinds... Yup thats my hubby in the one pic.. We love living out here in the middle of the woods almost all of our property is totaly woods then theres about 2 or so acres thats old horse pasture. We have lots of wildlife here and we love it.. Its very pretty out here in the spring and summer, i also have a pond graden area its my little mini oasis. I will have to post pics of it sometime so you can see it..

Well i had hubby take my tables back out and we put a bottom shelf on both of um and today the fan is getting hooked up plus i added the other lights i needed to get in, im gona be moving some plants out there today will go with the VFTs and a nep and some dews. Gona be watching them very closely for the first week make sure none have any stress going on.. I will get pics as soon as i have um all in....