Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum  

Go Back   PetPitcher Forum > NON CARNIVOROUS PLANTS > Other Weird Oddities Of Nature > Orchids

Orchids Everything about plants in the Orchidaceae family

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11th July 2010, 07:25 AM

Default Indoor Orchid Garden

hi, im Ari, Malaysia staying in Jakarta,here are some photo of my small indoor orchid garden, most of the species i have are wild Indonesian orchids, its quite easy and cheap to get wild orchids here except you need to be care full not to buy fakes, but on some lucky days you could find some rare and new stuffs.

el cheapo hybrid orchids section...belongs to the wife so dare not throw them away..

i like this very much...cool eh ...mini rubber tree

the wild section....many of them are not properly ID until they flower, cant really trust what the seller tells you as most collectors are simple village folks

this one i collected myself in Garut ,West Java...Malleola ligulatta

this one is from Tasik Malaya, West Java.......Bulbophyllum macranthum

got this last year from Irian Jaya, i collected quite afew from areas around Sorong, but this the is only one that survived....Bulbophyllum arfakianum

Cymbidium Rossum....a new find from Jambi , Sumatera. it was said that the flowers will grow up right vertically...well thats what the man said...

bulbophyllum laxiflorum....got it from the nusery...it looks wild to me
[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/User/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/User/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-3.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/User/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-4.png[/IMG]

luisia javanica...collected this from Cianjur West Java...a common plant in this area

this is my favourite....simply cos i paid quite abit for this...Ascocentrum Aurantiacum

another rare one Dendrobium Anosmum "Ambon" from Leste Timor...rare bcos Timor is no longer part of Indonesia

some of my pitchers

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/User/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/User/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.png[/IMG]