Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum  

Go Back   PetPitcher Forum > CARNIVOROUS PLANTS > Nepenthes

Nepenthes Everything about Tropical Pitcher Plants

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25th September 2009, 11:48 PM

Default optimum artificial lighting for nep

i understand that there might be some forummer using light for their terrarium, there are numerous articles talking about using the right kind of bulb or lamps, and the pros and cons. I noticed most people use 6500k fluoresent lamp or PL light becoz it is cheap and easy to get/maintain/setup. There are also some hardcore people using metal halide or high output T5 lamps as well. I have tried using expired 10,000k T5 lamp from my marine aquarium and I have seen rapid growth on my viking seedling, it slows down once i switched over to energy saving lamp fluoresent light. It seems like the plant benefits from high "K" as well even we are using the same wattage of bulb.

I think it is good if we can discuss and list down all example of lighting used and its effect / growth rate.