Read-Only Forum Archive
PetPitcher Forum  

Go Back   PetPitcher Forum > CARNIVOROUS PLANTS > Drosera

Drosera Everything about Sundews

Old 30th January 2011, 10:53 PM

Default To all CP fans

hey anyone other than MR lim opening a stall or selling cps in this years floral fest??????
i suggest that cps growers to combine in power n $$ to set up a stall to sell CPs (only cps) so that CP fans(like me) can easily find the stall insted of going to many stalls ................out of question here.... are D.paradoxa hard to grow?????(i am new at droseras......)
Old 31st January 2011, 01:24 AM

Default Re: To all CP fans

D.paradoxa is easy to grow with lots of sunlight.
Old 1st February 2011, 04:22 PM
Administrator

Correct me if I am wrong. Rental for floral fest is not cheap and the plants turnover is not high enough to cover expenses. Piscesilim, Athene and I have mooted about setting up a store for floral fest as well as an education booth. However, we are put off by the cost and none of us have time to man the booth. Yesteryears only few of us man the competition plants and it proved to be quite a tiring task. Plants sold are usually "tumpang" with gem gardens and Eric's aka monkeycup's booth.

D. paradoxa is easy. However with all Droseras be wary of aphids. Once you get it there are very little poison which will kill the aphids but not kill the plants. As we know Droseras are sensitive chemicals.
Old 1st February 2011, 04:42 PM

If we were able to pool our money together for a floral fest or a pure CP nursery, we would have done it long ago........

But there are several problems. First, not everybody in PP now are actually "members". I have noticed tons of fake members simply joining PP for fun. So in terms of "money collected, you might only expected 1/3 of the forum to contribute.

Secondly, as Ban Aik mentioned, it's not cheap to start a festival or a store. Robert's(a.k.a NepNut) lowland nep environment setup costs around RM 6k alone!(it's in the CP territory section) Think about opening a CP nursery. Whatsmore, to achieve the budget for this project, I seriously doubt that everyone only needs to pay RM2-3.

And speaking about paying, how many people would be willing to pay? I wouldn't mind, but most of us are kids and teenagers(correct me if I'm wrong) so I'm pretty sure that our pocket money would be.....well, not that much Also don't forget that if we plan to build a nursery for CONVENIENCE for ALL members, that means opening a few nurseries in Malaysia. And that is easier said than done.

Although, if we had government support, things would be much easier

D. Paradoxa? Easy to grow in my experience. Give it lots of sunlight and water. My friend did something quite interesting with planting d. paradoxa, and that was by planting the drosera inside a really big pot(6 inches diameter) with media filled up to only 1/3 of the pot, thus letting the plant "sit" deep in the pot. And to my surprise, he ignored it(he's not a CP fanatic) and it grew beautifully to a big size. Makes me wonder.....hmmmmm

Btw, it's been a long time since I heard of Athene. Where is she?

Check out my Grow-list and my Twitter page!
Old 1st February 2011, 04:49 PM

Forgive me, but Robert's (NepNut) LL nep project can be found in the PROJECT section

Check out my Grow-list and my Twitter page!
Old 1st February 2011, 11:29 PM

ANNOUNCEMENT:
if you guys had really bad problems with pest like mealy bugs,aphids,scales and all those stuffs,go buy a kind of powder pesticide from Mr.Lim.he imports a few and sells some to me(0.1g for RM1 which can make 300ml).
go contact Mr.Lim.im sure he still have hips of these pesticides.

its safe for droseras and all CPs and works effectively!but expires in a week once dispense,so only dispense it with water when u really wanna use it

just wanna give some source to cure CPs