PetPitcher Forum  

Go Back   PetPitcher Forum > CARNIVOROUS PLANTS > Nepenthes

Nepenthes Everything about Tropical Pitcher Plants

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 8th March 2009, 03:40 PM
Pioneer

Default Re: New species

Amelie,

I think it has to do alot with techonolgy and affordable travel.

Go back a decade, when people are still using film based cameras, how many of you have the facilities to scan the film based picture into digital format and then load them into the internet using a dial-up modem operating at 128/256 k bps.

Now, intrepid explorer like Alfindra Primaldhi (longor) and Ma Suska who travel the length and breath of Indonesia to explore for nepenthes are able to download the nepenthes they just capured on their digital cameras in even very remote Papua for the world to see, and seek other knowledge people their opinions about their findings. If needs be they can go back to the field to check based on their suggestions.

It helps too that Longor and Ma Suska have good command of English. I just hope all you youngsters know the importance of English!!! Don't be ashamed if your English is not good, practice makes perfect. Don't go crazy if people point out your mistakes.

I believe the next new nepenthes species to be discribed would be "rhombicaulis" like, again discovered by longor and co.

Choong

Last edited by kltower; 9th March 2009 at 12:28 AM.